1916 Steinway & Sons Model O Grand Piano #178880 – Mahogany/Ebony – Ready to Restore
Steinway & Sons Model O #178880 was built in 1916 at the New York Steinway Factory. First introduced in 1900, the Model O measures approx. 5’10 1/2″ in length. These pianos were discontinued by Steinway New York in 1924 and were recently reintroduced in 2005. A common sight in both homes and institutions, these pianos bridge the gap between the smaller ‘baby’ and larger parlor style grand pianos built by Steinway.
This piano is currently undergoing a full restoration process. A new solid spruce soundboard will be installed along with a new custom fitted maple pinblock. This will allow for the highest quality of tone and level of stability. The cast iron plate will be carefully re-bronzed and the raised plate lettering will be hand detailed. New premium music wire and custom copper wound bass strings will be coiled to blued German Klinke tuning pins.
The piano’s action will be fully rebuilt with the finest quality parts. This will include new dimensionally correct wippens (repetitions) and new hammers, shanks, and flanges. Expert action regulation and tone regulation (voicing) will follow to ensure the very finest touch and tone. The action will be weighed off to concert specifications. We spend many extra hours beyond the industry norm to bring each of our rebuilt pianos up to the highest performance standard.
The traditional Sketch 380 Sheraton cabinet design rests on octagonal spade legs. It will be refinished in ebony with multiple coats of premiere nitrocellulose lacquer. This full filled finish will be hand rubbed to a beautiful satin sheen. The original nickel hardware will be replated and a matching fallboard decal will be affixed to the front. This piano will be a stunning combination of both visual and acoustic beauty. Interested in learning more about this piano and our fine restoration work? Get in touch with us today with any questions you may have.
FULL RESTORATION INCLUDES;
- New solid spruce soundboard
- New custom fit hard maple Durablock pinblock
- New premium quality music wire
- German Klinke Diamond blued tuning pins
- Premium quality custom made soft copper bass strings
- New Laoureux damper felts & refinished damper heads
- New acrylic keytops & restored ebony sharps
- Restored damper back action
- New dimensionally correct wippens,
- New natural felt hammers, new shanks & flanges
- Premium closed pore, hand rubbed satin ebony finish
- Restored brass and re-plated nickel hardware
- Re-bronzed and hand-lettered original plate
- Plate floated to obtain proper down bearing
- Full concert action regulation
- Concert level tone regulation/voicing
- Action weighed off to concert specifications
- Contact Chupp’s Today for Additional Information
Pre-WWII Steinway Grand Pianos were built during what many consider to be the ‘golden age.’ Some of the finest pianos ever manufactured were built during this period. Artists and Steinway aficionados continue to prefer these beautifully restored instruments.
Founded in 1975 by Master Piano Technician Dennis Chupp, Chupp’s Piano Service, Inc. proudly specializes in the fine rebuilding of vintage grand pianos. With a focus on the piano as a musical instrument foremost in mind, we spend many extra hours beyond the norm completing fine action and tone regulation. These processes ensure that our vintage restored pianos perform at the level expected of even the most discriminating artist. Over our four decades in the rebuilding industry, we have rebuilt and restored many Steinway, Mason & Hamlin and other brands of grand pianos for many concert artists, venues, and pianists around the country. We understand the nuances and exacting precision needed to ensure a piano that is truly tailor-made for your tastes and playing preferences.
Chupp’s Piano Service | Restored Concert Level Steinway Pianos | Vintage Mason & Hamlin | Authorized Representative of Kawai Pianos
Over Four Decades of Expert Piano Service
Founded in 1975 by Master Piano Technician Dennis Chupp, Chupp's Piano Service, Inc. has been serving the piano needs of the music community around the world for over forty years. Specializing in premium restored Steinway & Sons, new Kawai, vintage Mason & Hamlin and pre-owned Yamaha pianos, Chupp's Piano Service is a full-service piano business.
- Over 2,000 Vintage Steinway pianos sold.
- Multiple pianos provided to concert venues and universities.
- Wide selection of premium restored Steinway grand pianos for sale.
- Full piano restoration services
- Piano moving, concert-level regulation, piano tuning and more.
The Chupp's Pianos Difference
A family owned and operated business, Chupp’s Piano Service has the experience and dedication needed to ensure the highest caliber of work. Whether you need your piano tuned, fully rebuilt, or are in the market to purchase your dream instrument, look no further than Chupp’s Pianos. Our premium Steinway Piano Restorations show our commitment to craftsmanship and utilize the best techniques. We are ready to serve your piano needs!
For more information contact us today. We are happy to assist!