We Want to Buy Your GRAND Piano! – Sell your Piano
Wanting to sell your piano? We are always looking for fine brands like Steinway & Sons, Mason & Hamlin, Kawai, Yamaha, Bosendorfer and other higher quality pianos. We will pay top market dollar for your instrument no matter its condition! If we purchase your piano we will arrange to pick up and move your instrument from your home to our rebuilding facility. We try to make this process as quick and easy as possible for you. Selling your piano to us eliminates the hassle of advertising, showing your piano and tearing the piano down and moving it. We are always helping customers across North America sell their pianos, so get in contact with us today.
Note: We are primarily seeking vintage Steinway grand pianos for rebuilding. We are not purchasing any old upright pianos from 1950 and earlier, due to a full inventory.
To give you a fair price and to properly evaluate your piano, we will need to know a few details.
- 1: What brand is it? Premium quality brands like Steinway, Mason & Hamlin, Baldwin and Yamaha will command more money and have better resale value. We are mainly interested in grand pianos from the following manufacturers, Steinway & Sons, Yamaha, Baldwin, Kawai, Mason & Hamlin and Bosendorfer. (Unusual or unique pianos from other brands may also interest us.)
- 2: What is the age? It is important for us to know when the piano was manufactured. This gives us a basic idea of what the piano has gone through and what it may need to be done in the future. If you do not know the age of the piano, you can provide us with a serial number. This allows us to research the date the piano was completed.
- 3: What condition is it in? The overall condition of the piano is probably the main arbiter of the price. Check important components of the piano to see their condition. Is the soundboard cracked? Does the piano hold a tune? Are the keys in good condition? Does the finish still look good?
- 4: Has the piano ever been restored/repaired? (Refinished, restrung, repaired soundboard etc.)
- 5: Send us photos! They say a picture is worth a thousand words and in this case, they are probably right. Well lit, good quality photos allow us to look over the piano and see its overall condition. This can save us both time and effort in the long run.
With this information, we can evaluate your instrument! We buy vintage pianos from all over North America and our movers make regular trips throughout the continent. Do not hesitate to contact us today if you are looking to sell your used piano. We will let you know if we are interested in your piano and can give you a custom price quote. Whether you desire to sell or purchase a piano, we are ready to help you accomplish your goals. Contact us today if you are looking to sell your Steinway or other higher quality brand piano.
[Enter your info in the contact form below or call 1-574-831-5820 and our piano experts will be happy to assist you in selling a piano!]
A Tradition of Service
Chupp’s Piano Service, Inc. is located in northern Indiana and is a full service piano business founded in 1975 by Master Piano Technician Dennis Chupp. With over 40 years of experience and training we are proud to offer piano tuning, moving, repair, expert restoration, retail and much more. Our services and restored pianos are utilized by top pianists and institutions around the world! If you are interested in any of our selection of premium piano services, please get in contact with us via email or call us at 1-574-831-5820.
Chupp’s Piano Service | Specializing in Premium Restored Steinways | Buying & Selling Pianos